1st Shift Production Team Leader
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
o Follow production schedule.
o Set-up of mold line production areas or startup of equipment as necessary.
o Operate Forklift following proper operating procedures.
o Quality Checks – Check measurements and quality of all materials and completion of quality record where required
o Correction of quality issues within the department as assigned by supervisor.
o Inform supervisor the status of various production orders as needed.
o Direction of workforce as assigned by supervisor.
o Training of employees and new hires as assigned by supervisor.
o Daily cleanliness task of area and tools – Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly workstation.
o Maintain excellent housekeeping practices.
o Practice proper safety techniques.
o Complete general area maintenance duties on equipment as assigned. This may include help from the maintenance department when necessary.
o Follow all procedures and guidelines.
o Perform other duties as assigned.
o Assistance with physical inventory inspection and measurement as required.
o Record material usage where required, or as necessary.
Monday through Saturday
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education & Experience:
Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Need someone with leadership experience and attention to detail a MUST
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Employee must successfully complete the forklift certification program to be eligible to operate the forklift. This consists of a driving evaluation, as well as a written test. This training will be offered on the job.
· Knowledge of all jobs within the molding department and their requirements. This knowledge can be gained through training.
· Ability to troubleshoot processes and equipment within the assigned departments. This may require the help of maintenance.
· Ability to effectively communicate mechanical issues to the maintenance personnel.
· Ability to effectively communicate the quality issues to all personnel within molding facility.
· Basic reading and writing skills are necessary.
· Basic math skills are necessary.
· Basic computer skills are necessary.
· This position requires the ability to compile information, analyze information, decision making, problem solving, planning and short term memory and long term memory.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
· Must be able to read tape measure.
- Ability to work overtime. Overtime is required when necessary. Overtime is dependent upon production demands. The starting time or ending time of the shift as well as days of the week working may vary depending upon overtime requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Forklift operators must have unimpaired or corrected vision that enable them to adequately see pedestrians, products, and safety hazards.
· Position requires frequent bending, gripping, standing, twisting and use of senses.
· Position requires regular stretching and reaching.
· Position requires kneeling and walking.
· Position requires lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 50 pounds.
· Position requires lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 100 pounds occasionally.