1st Shift QC Tech
Position: Quality Technician
Shift: 1st Shift
Hours: 6:00am-6:00pm Monday-Saturday
Starting Pay: $12.20 per hour
Location: Conover, NC
Job Summary: The Quality Technician is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management system and to ensure that the customer’s expectations are met in an efficient manner.
- Participate in 6S/Safety Committee and document minutes and action items
- Make certain that the Management System is established, implemented, maintained, and its effectiveness is continually improved.
- Responsible for maintaining records for internal quality audits, CAR/PAR program, and management review.
- Log and track all customer complaints for location and communicate on the status of complaints and/or corrective action requests.
- Monitor and measure product compliance to customer requirements to be sure customer’s expectations are met and daily duties are performed in a timely manner.
- Develop and facilitate the approval process of procedures and work instructions and other documentation to support the management system.
- Conduct or assist with training classes on various customer / QMS related topics.
- Communicate the quality policy to all people at the facility.
- Collect data and generate reports to maintain information board(s).
- Coordinate document and data control process and calibration program.
- Ensure that timely quality checks are performed per our quality plans.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and maintaining staff RAIL.
- Make recommendations by notifying supervisor, to correct problems that could hinder a machine’s performance, reduce output, or affect quality.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected
- Maintain Kaizen improvement (cost savings implementation) log and establish priorities on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that each kaizen event has a project leader, and that the project leader performs his/her duties as specified.
- Support Kaizen team’s project leader in organizing team members, establishing objective and action item list.
- Attend Kaizen team meetings to insure team is staying focused and on task.
- Provide training on Kaizen process to project leaders and ISO Training of hourly operators.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Conform to all Quality/Safety requirements and procedures.
- Keep a clean and orderly workplace.
- Participate in the Continual Improvement Process for manufacturing and business processes.
- Record measurable cost reductions implemented and sustained on a monthly basis.
- Record and report on the number of sustained improvement events on a monthly basis (Reporting must include financial savings where applicable.)
- Waste reduction training and awareness
- Conducting Internal Audits and assisting with external audits.