Position: Cushion Filler
Shift: 1st Shift M-F
Location: Conover, NC
Position Summary: Fills cushion cover with cushion fill and regulates to quality standards. Cushion filling experience is required.
• Loads and unloads fill from truck
• Removes cushion covers from buggy and using cushion fill machine, inserts fill into cover
• Regulates corners and welt on filled cushion
• Fills cushion for all repairs
• Communicates with other departments to keep consistent flow of frames for upholstery team.
• Maintains neat and orderly work station.
• Ensure area has needed supplies.
• Wears required safety glasses, work shoes and other PPE as defined for work area; works safely and reports unsafe conditions to Dept. Supervisor.
• Performs stretching exercises.
• Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Must be knowledgeable in upholstery methods.
• Cushion filling experience is required.
• English required for reading tickets and job notes.
• Must be organized and able to coordinate multiple tasks.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with others.