Day Shift Production Technician
Shift: 1st shift
Pay Rate: $12.50 per hour
We are in search of one employee for a client in the Conover area! The company manufactures fiber-free, foam insulation for mechanical systems including plumbing, refrigeration, HVAC, and solar applications. We are in search of self-motivated and reliable individuals to fill immediate slots. No interviews are required. Should expect to work the weekends.
The facility is not climate controlled; should be expected to be cooler in the winter months and hotter in the summer months. Temperatures have exceeded 100 degrees.
Performs entry level tasks involved in the manufacturing of rubber insulation and engineered foam products. Follows standard work methods in a safe and efficient manner to deliver a quality product, on time. Responsible for operations such as packing sheets or rolls according to customer specifications, mixing and milling raw and semi-finished material together in tubular form for processing via extrusion or expansion, performing quality checks or tests and packaging product for consumer use.
- Reads and understands the daily production plan.
- Track production on communication board
- Operate various machinery such as mills, extruders and ovens safely.
- Pack finished goods into appropriate packaging/boxes and place correct label on packaging.
- Place finished goods on pallet
- Troubleshoot simple issues in the workflow and correct
- Ensure accuracy of formulations and weights
- Ensure internal and external specifications are met.
- Perform frequent quality checks of material (visual checks, AIMS, QMS, etc)
- Use various measuring equipment such as calipers
- Report any issues or concerns to management
- Maintain clean and orderly work area
- HS Diploma or GED is required
- Basic computer skills are required
- Microsoft Excel experience is a plus!
- Steel toed shoes are required
- Smoking is prohibited
- Heavy lifting is required
- Possess basic math skills
- Possess basic computer inputting skills for quality purpose
- Ability to work in the production area with long periods of standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching