One of North Carolina’s leading structural and miscellaneous fabricators, providing a full range of design, engineering and fabrication services. The experience, dependability and dedication of their employees - many who have been with them for 30 years - ensures that when the steel leaves the facilities, it will fit together at the job site every time, without question.
To provide quality steel fabrication, superior workmanship, and customer service, on time and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read Blueprints
- Fabricate Metal Objects -laying out, cutting, fitting, measuring and welding metals to create the desired shape or object. This is highly detailed work and requires the Welder Fabricator to be knowledgeable of many techniques and tools.
- Inspect Work and Equipment - constantly inspect and test welds and equipment.
- Set up and operate punching, burning, and sawing equipment. Exercise care in punching, burning and sawing to prevent warp, shrinkage, distortion, or expansion of material
- Mark and or tag material with proper job order
- Ability to use variety of tools and equipment
- Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read blueprints and recognize welding symbols and specifications
- Knowledge of industry safety practices
- Analytical mind
- Eye for detail
- Knowledge of specific welding processes, such as TIG, MIG and ARC
- Ability to use machine, drawings, sketches, rules squares, burning torches, welding equipment, hand and power tools, hoists and similar devices.
If you are qualified and interested, please contact Prostaffing at (828)466-0162, or come by our office at 113 First Street West, Conover, NC. For more information about our agency, please visit www.prostaffing.us.