Position: Lab Technician
Shift: 1st shift M-F
Starting Pay: $13.00
Location: Newton, NC
- Primary quality control support for the manufacturing facility.
- Must accurately perform duties relating to food safety quality and legality.
- Must be able to keep accurate records relating to food safety, quality, and legality.
- Responsible for reporting to supervisor any issues regarding food safety, quality, and legality.
- Responsible for performing all tasks to comply with BRC standards.
- Must be trained in HACCP.
- Authorized to release finished product based on customer specifications, food safety, and legality requirements.
- Overtime situations will be approved by the Food Safety and Quality Manager
- Overtime situations include:
- Seasonal demands, i.e. grain harvest
- Accelerated testing program to isolate a suspect ingredient, i.e. mycotoxin screening on a lot of corn
- Emergency situation, i.e. foreign material found in raw, in-process, or finished goods that require extensive screening to isolate
- Weekend overtime is a rotated obligation
- Must possess good mathematical skills