Bringing Great People
and Great Organizations
Together At The Right Time
Job Type :
Job Industry :
Job Description :
Machine Operator opening at a Metal Fabrication company. They manufacture high-performance alloy and nickel products used for welding in Aerospace and Military technology.
2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm
PAY: $15/hr - $16/hr Depending on Experience
This position as All Around Machine Operator (Level I) sets up and operates machines to draw, anneal, spool, straight, cut or make electrodes using wire or other ingredients per work orders and tools such as dies, micrometers, cranes, lifts, hoists, and hand tools, mixers, kilns, to manufacture welding wire and products per ISO standards and policy procedures.
- Reads work order for product specifications such as safety, quality, and dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, and determines sequence of operations.
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in tool holder (toll room or board/belt)
- Positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, crane, lift, or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position product and work piece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds and cast and helix per work order
- Sets up fixture or feeding device, starts machine, and operates equipment to feed tool to work piece or vise versa, and engages feed
- Monitors machine fluid levels and Preventative Maintenance as instructed
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications
- Maintains all tools in good working order and notifies team lead that replacements/repairs needed
- Sets up and operates machines and equipment other than machine tools such as butt welding machines and fire-extinguishers
- Level I: operates one area of equipment in the plant, such as Spooling.
Education and Experience:
- GED/HS Diploma required
- One year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
Required Qualifications :
113 First Street West
Conover, NC 28613
910 Burkemont Avenue
Morganton, NC 28655