Bringing Great People
and Great Organizations
Together At The Right Time
Job Type :
Job Description :
Local company in the Hickory, NC area started as a yarn brokerage for nylon and polyester feedstocks and textured yarns. They currently work with texturing and twisting nylon and polyester for the primary textile industry. Also supply these products, as well as textured sewing thread, co-mingled yarns, twisted specialty yarns, and the FYnesse Air Covered Product line.
1st shift Monday-Friday with some overtime opportunities, starting pay is $10/hr.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Repair or replace shafts, bearing and belts as needed.
- Measure bobbin periodically, using gauges and turn screws to adjust tension if bobbins are not specified size
- Install, level, and align machine components such as gears, chains, guides, dies and cutters to set up machinery for operation
- Clean, oil and lubricate machines, using air hoses, cleaning solutions, rags, oilcans, and grease guns
- Repair or replace worn or defective parts or components, using hand tools
- Inspect machinery or equipment or devices to access and remove defective parts, using hand tool
- Dismantle machines, equipment or devices to access and remove defective parts, using hand tools.
- Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventative maintenance actions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Repair machines, equipment, or structures, using hand tools such as hammers, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments or electrical or electronic testing devices.
Required Qualifications :
113 First Street West
Conover, NC 28613
910 Burkemont Avenue
Morganton, NC 28655