Job Description :
Local company in the Newton, NC area looking for a Maintenance Technician on NIGHTS to help maintain, troubleshoot, repair and set up production machines. MUST have electrical experience. Pay will be DOE
If interested please send your resume or contact ProStaffing at 828-466-0162.
Hours: 7pm-7am on 3-2-2 rotating schedule
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to climb, stoop, bend on continuous basis; 35-pound minimum lifting
2. Visual acuity and verbal communication skills
3. Forklift experience/training required
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure production machines are set up/prepared for production runs to maximize quality and productivity.
2. Ensure maintenance activities performed on equipment meet or exceed the manufacturer's requirements for quality and reliability.
3. Ensure manufacturer warranties remain effective by adhering to necessary safeguards and guidelines.
4. Perform troubleshooting, machine repairs and replace components, as required.
5. Perform preventative maintenance and cleaning of machines and plants systems.
6. Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting.
7. Proper use of test equipment to logically troubleshoot system electrical issues.
8. Inform Maintenance Manager of any operator-related actions, such as inadequate training or unsafe work practices that increase risk of maintenance problems and/or lost production downtime.
9. Fabricate equipment as required.
10. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
11. Perform record keeping, as required.
12. Maintain plant support systems in working order, i.e. heat, air, fans, air compressors and dryers etc.
13. Responsible for housekeeping in parts room, shop and air compressor rooms. Ensure work areas are neat, organized and safe.
14. Ensure production area floors and equipment are free form excess spare parts, worn parts, debris and other items not necessary for operating and maintaining production equipment.
15. Ensure compliance with OSHA and Company safety rules and regulations; communicate as appropriate.
16. Adhere to the Company on call policy and can maintain an on-call status on either an intermittent or regularly scheduled basis.
17. Other duties as assigned.