Maintenance Technician needed!!
Location: Conover, NC
7am-3:30pm (probable overtime and occasional weekend)
$18-$20 hr Pay depending on Experience
· Maintains production machines and equipment.
· Performs emergency and preventive maintenance procedures.
· Performs mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic repairs and troubleshooting.
· Reads and interprets manuals.
· Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, makes adjustments.
· Places, replaces, positions molds and cores.
· Sets up machines according to specified parameters, quality standards, and production goals.
· Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters.
· Sets up molds and troubleshoots existing molds.
· Deals appropriately with faulty equipment, human error and preventing defects from occurring.
· Performs fine-tuning and ensures performance improvement.
· Attends and participates in various meetings with employees and management.
· May be required to become certified and operate a variety of forklifts.
· Must be able to stand, stoop, reach, grasp, sit or stand for long periods of time, and lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs. safely.
· Noise level in materials area at times can be loud.
· Must be willing and able to abide by all safety policies.
· Day or night shift; rotating 12-hour shifts, resulting in 36 hours one week, 48 hours the next week; every other weekend. Work is required on most holidays.
· Non-climate controlled plant environment; standard hazards within a manufacturing plant where safety precautions and personal protective equipment must be maintained at all times.
· 1-3 years of experience in injection molding process maintenance is required.
· Leadership ability.
· High school diploma or equivalent; college-level course work or associate’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance preferred.
· Effective interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong mechanical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic aptitude.
· Judgment and decision-making skills.
· Time management and critical thinking skills.