Quality Lab Technician
Job Type :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Job Description :
This position is to provide assistance to Lincolnton's Quality Systems, and Manufacturing processes. The job is a leadership role that must have the ability to determine conformance to Product Specification, Engineering Drawing or other accept/reject criteria. The role will be responsible for responding to quality notifications , the evaluation of first and last shots, supporting project teams, out of control issues, and change control through quality processes. This position must participate and adhere to all applicable plant certifications including but not limited to, ISO 9001:2000, SQF, and BRC.
Job Elements & Position Responsibilities:
* Support and adhere to all system procedures and Company policies/procedures.
* Act as a leader for the shift
* Inspects, tests and accepts or rejects finished products using written specifications, parameters or guidelines, as established by company procedures and as trained to by the Operations - Quality Engineer.
* Inspects, tests and accepts or rejects raw materials, and intermediaries using written specification, parameters or guidelines, as established by company procedures and as trained to by the Operations - Quality Engineer.
* Documents all inspection / test results and any non-conformances found during inspection, testing or evaluations according to established procedures, recommending solutions as needed.
* Participates in identifying, investigating, and processing Corrective/Preventive Actions, Customer Complaints, product Non Conformance, Deviations and Returned Goods Authorizations.
* Supports the implementation of : process specifications, statistical process controls, computerized data systems, test cells, including equipment, training and procedure support. All in the lab or on the shop floor.
* Must be willing to : participate on Continuous Improvement teams, become trained as Lead Auditor, conduct audits of the operation, issue corrective actions, follow up on completion and effectiveness of actions and issue reports relating thereto.
* Support other QA associates on defect awareness, inspection methods and specifications requirements.
* Perform other related duties assigned.
**NIGHT shift 6:45pm-7am on a 3-2-2-3 rotating schedule**
Required Qualifications :
*High school Diploma or GED
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Computer data entry and editing skills including the ability to learn and use applicable departmental software packages.
* Ability to work independently, resolve conflicts and drive customer satisfaction.
* Professional and optimistic attitude, ability to work in a team environment.
* Knowledge of basic arithmetic and trigonometry
* Ability to run CMM programs and use the RAM
* Ability to use caliper, micrometer, lift gage, leak gage, drop gage and optical comparator.
* 2-5 years of relevant experience in a lab setting within an ISO or cGMP certified manufacturing environment.