To communicate with logistic companies and schedule transport for outgoing shipments along with being the point of contact for incoming/outgoing truck drivers.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Process documents for new shipments (to include Bills of Lading, Warehouse Releases, and Order Acknowledgments)
- Obtain freight quotes from multiple carriers
- Schedule outgoing shipments for non-customer pickups
- Set appointments for outbound and inbound orders
- Ensure accuracy of paperwork such as Bills of Lading
- Enter order shipment confirmations into computer software (such as JD Edwards & Phyletec) terminal
- Communicate with Customer Service regarding inventory stock for potential orders
- Maintaining files of shipping records
- Ad hoc reports to Management and Customer Service as required
2 years minimum of experience in the Logistics field.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must with a focus on Excel with an ability to learn.
The person must have analytical and problem-solving abilities. Need someone who can question issues with reporting or counts and won’t simply take information at ‘Face Value’.
The personneeds to have interpersonal, organizational and prioritization skills as well as the ability to multitask.
Will be working in unison with another shipping coordinator.