Bringing Great People
and Great Organizations
Together At The Right Time
Job Type :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
HS Diploma or GED is required
Job Industry :
Job Description :
Warehouse & Needleboard Utility Position with a Nonwoven Fabric Manufacturer in the Conover area.
Temporary shift hours will be 8am-4pm; must be receptive to move to 12 hour night shift. Interviews are required and should be set up by our staff after you have completed the necessary paperwork and testing. Testing includes: Arithmetic, Basic Reading Comprehension, and Basic and Metric Ruler Reading.
- Follow all safety rules and use extra caution when using LP gas filing equipment, operating forklifts around pedestrians in confined and congested areas, and lift equipment to stack materials in high locations.
- Properly identify, inspect, repackage, weigh, label, load, unload, stage and deliver raw materials, scraps and finished goods with focus on safety and accuracy.
- Operates and maintains license for industrial powered equipment including forklifts and pallet jacks. (Forklift experience is preferred.)
- Maintain housekeeping and warehouse efficiency.
- Inspect trailers and properly use wheel chocks, trailer stands, and dock boards.
- Comply with special requests and expedite from plant planners and react to changes in scheduling of tasks.
- Learn and understand fundamentals of trailer weight distribution, packaging and shipping standards, and safe equipment operation.
- Service the needle boards.
- Operate equipment including but not limited to the bologna slicer and core cutter.
- Housekeeping and inventory control of the needle board service area. Communicate supply and repair needs to the maintenance department.
- Other duties as needed.
Required Qualifications :
- Use common hand tools; hammer, pry bar, banding equipment, and hand trucks.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers in an effective and timely manner while instilling a positive attitude in a department.
- Ability to work with tools and machinery to assist with maintenance as required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must frequently lift 10 lbs and occasionally lift 80 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and in and out of trailers with heavy trailer doors.
- Must work inside and outside the plant in temperatures ranging from 20 to 100+ degrees with exposure to weather conditions.
- HS Diploma or GED is required.
113 First Street West
Conover, NC 28613
910 Burkemont Avenue
Morganton, NC 28655