1st Shift Furniture Sewer
Experience is required, must submit a resume and interview
Position: Cushion/ Flatwork Sewer
Shift: 1st shift
Hours: Monday-Friday 6:00am-2:30pm (OT and weekends required)
Pay: $16.63 per hour
Location: Longview, NC
Currently seeking a detail-oriented individual to join a furniture production team as a Sewer. This individual will assemble individual fiber, fabric, and other sub-components into fabricated cushion covers.
Interacts and communicates directly with cutters, material handlers, machine operators, and other sewers. Works in a normal plant environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges involve the efficient usage of various components to produce cushion covers per customer specifications.
- Receive and understand instructions from area supervisor.
- Accept work (component parts) distributed by material handlers or lead person.
- Assemble using specified sewing procedures, fiber and ticking components into finished product according to specified customer requirements.
- Place finished product into "completed area" for next step in production process.
- Enclose finished cushion with neat seams to meet customer demands.
- Clean equipment and perform basic maintenance.
- Set up sewing area with adequate supplies.
- Adhere to established department production procedures.
- Prior industrial sewing experience is required. Specific on the job training is provided.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and call-in with little notice.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.