Final Inspector- Furniture
Position Summary: Ensures that each piece meets the finish specifications to match finish panels. Ensures that the piece is built correctly according to each ticket and meets all quality requirements and specifications.
WILLING TO TRAIN
· Must be able to read ticket.
· Must determine if a piece meets quality requirements and specifications.
· Must be able to reject pieces that don’t meet all quality requirements and specifications.
· Must be disciplined, well organized and have the ability to handle pressure.
· Maintains neat and orderly work station.
· Wears required safety glasses and work shoes; works safely and reports unsafe conditions to
· Performs daily stretching exercises.
· Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Must be knowledgeable in upholstery, sewing, frames and finish operations and methods.
· English is required to read tickets and job notes.
Physical demands and work environment:
· Lift / Carry: Lift up to 50 lbs.; team lift greater weights.
· Standing: Must be able to stand 8+ hours.
· Reach / Handle: Frequently required to reach, handle various areas on the upholstered
· Tool Usage: Must be able to use air hose, snips, regulator and other upholstery tools.
· Crouch/Bend/Stoop/Kneel/Crawl: Frequently required when inspecting furniture item.
· Push / Pull: Frequently moving furniture items on/off lift tables or sliding across floor.
· Environment: Indoors, environmentally controlled – 100%.
· Automation: Scissor lift for positioning.
· Color Determination: Must distinguish fabrics by color and design for matching.
· Near Acuity: Requires close vision of less than 3 feet, with or without corrective lenses, for