Looking for hardworking, experienced leather cutters, wanting to work in a climate-controlled, clean working environment.
- Lays out, marks, and cuts leather or skins into parts for articles, using leather knife or shears.
- Lays leather or skins on cutting table and positions pattern pieces to determine the number of cuts.
- Marks outline of pattern on leather or skins, using a pencil.
- Cuts around the outline, using a leather knife or shears.
- Turns screws on strap knife to adjust the width of cut when cutting leather for rifle slings and gun case handles.
- Lays leather side on the table, positions dye on leather to obtain the maximum number of cuts from side, and strikes dye with the mallet to cut out part.
- May stack and tie cut pieces together.
- May cut parts with a guillotine cutter.
- May punch holes in parts, using kick press.