Shipping - Day
Perform various duties to ensure the material being shipped is packaged in a proper manner. Maintain shipping paperwork associated with shipping duties. Prepare materials by pulling, checking quality, assembling, and quantity. Ensure no damage and all is labeled correctly. Duties also to include loading Husky pallet racks, Decking, and Wireway crates based on practices and procedures in place.
Essential Job Requirements
Forklift license or ability to pass forklift training and acquire a license required.
Ability to read a tape measure
Good attendance record
Good math skills
Essential Job Function
1. Attention to detail to perform daily task.
2. Shipper to access the database for individual pick tickets for daily pulls and or written or verbal instructions.
3. Obtain pick ticket/shipper and transcribe order number, quantity, size and other critical data for the information on to an identification label for pre-staging.
4. Locate required materials from bin locations. Check material for size, color against identification label and the shipper/pick ticket to verify accuracy of shipment. Reading of tap measure needed for accuracy.
5. Move materials by forklift to designated location on shipping floor.
6. Breakdown bundles and count parts. Band, box, and/or shrink wrap finished products. Place identification label on shipment. Return unused portions back to finished goods stock in correct bin locations.
7. Following packaging procedures to ensure safety of shipment.
8. Cycle count inventories as requested by supervisor or inventory control personnel to verify inventory accuracy.
9. Communicate to supervisor any material issues, shortages, etc for that day.
10, Detect and report obvious defects to appropriate personnel prior to loading truck or allowing shipments to leave.
11. Problem solving skills needed when figuring how to load trucks, build the truck layout prior to loading, figure drawing for flatbeds and or closed vans. Ensure material will fit.
12. Time management needed to ensure we have the trucks in and out within the allotted two hours. (Flatbed shipment.) Organization needed.
13. Make sure the items are loaded onto the shipment vehicle in a safe and timely manner. Less than Truckload shipments and Flatbeds apply.
14. Cross train as appropriate and as necessary in receiving equipment such as hand trucks, carts, and crane or power lift trucks.
15. Operate band saw daily.
16. Complete forklift inspections daily; fill out inspection sheet.
17. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Follow all safety rules, regulations and practices.
18 .Responsible for inputting the following into Microsoft: load information, order verifications, time in and out for sales communication to customer. Tool developed as a check system for shippers and sales real time updates.