The company is seeking immediate help for a Wrapline assistant.
Position is temp to perm,
- Preparing furniture by hand packing to be ready for shipping.
· Select next piece of furniture to start on the wrap line.
· Perform daily inspection of hoist to ensure safe operation.
· Place piece on belt by lifting or by use of material hoist.
· Select, build the appropriate cardboard tray for the style of furniture.
· Cover the furniture with the appropriate shrink wrap bag.
· Use heat gun to shrink wrap the furniture.
· Apply identification pack label and verify accuracy; mark and label packages per company and
DOT shipping guidelines.
· Move the furniture to loading area using roller conveyor system, hoist, or team lift.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Must be knowledgeable in upholstery packing methods.
· English required for reading tickets and job notes.
· Must be organized and able to coordinate multiple tasks
Physical demands and work environment:
· Lift / Carry: Females lift up to 35 lbs. males lift up to 50 lbs.; team lift greater weights. · Manual Dexterity: The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects. · Standing/Walking: Must be able to stand and walk 8+ hours. · Reach / Handle: Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things. · Crouch/Bend/Stoop/Kneel/Crawl: Frequently required when inspecting furniture item. · Push / Pull: Frequently moving furniture items on/off pack conveyor or tables or sliding across floor.
· Environment: Indoors, environmentally controlled – 100%.