Paintline Material Handler 1st shift
Able to successfully complete a banding trial
Ability to read a tape measure.
Able to successfully complete a basic math test
Good attendance record
1. Get prescribed pack or hooks from rack storage area and hang on paint chain hooks according to spacing prescribed for specific parts. Hang parts to be painted on racks in pre-established multiples.
2. Remove painted parts from chain at unload station and stack or stand on racks in position and multiples for banding for storage or shipment.
3. Work in teams of two, with each racker handling on end of beams, uprights or other parts to be painted or unloaded.
4. Operate steel banding equipment to band painted parts into bundles. Apply supplied warning labels.
5. Assist in cleaning paint booths, wash tank, cleaning and repairing paint chain and burning paint from racks and hooks.
5. Detect and report equipment malfunctions, unusual situations, other problems to the team leader. Follow all safety rules, regulations and practices. Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.