· Sew both Fabric and Leather Cushions and Flat Work for furniture manufacturing.
· · Stitches are straight
· · Ensure there are no skipped stitches
· · Ensure piece is sewn to specifications
· · Ensure there are no holes or flaws in the Fabric / Leather
· · Measure Welt for correct length using a ruler
· · Other duties as assigned by Manager
· Operate an Electric Sewing Machine to guide fabric or leather thru the needle hole.
· · Must be able to read a ruler.
· · Must be able to thread sewing machines.
· · Must be Quality minded.
· · Must be able to perform and meet established goals in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
· · Strict attention to detail is a must.
· · Must be a Team Player with a positive attitude.
· · Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
· · Must have your own reliable transportation.
· · Must be able to sit for a minimum of 8 hours a day.
· · Must be able to work Weekends and Overtime.
· · Must be reliable.
· · Must have experience reading and understanding production tickets and ability to interpret simple sewing instructions commonly placed in a sewing manual.
· · Must adhere to all Safety rules and requirements and take adequate control measures to prevent injuries to yourself and others.
· O Safety Glasses
· Working conditions are the normal conditions found in a furniture plant, ventilated indoor area.
· · Concrete floor
· · Heated and Cooled working Environment
· Must be authorized to work in the United States.
· One location in Conover, NC.
· · Typical schedule is Monday – Thursday from 6a – 4:30pm and Friday from 6a – 10am.
· · You must be able to work Overtime, and Weekends as needed