Position Responsibilities: ·
Responsible for unloading casegoods containers. · Help with unloading furniture on truck using hand truck, pallet jack, or team lift. · Stage casegoods in staging area for counts. · Handling of furniture with care while unpacking. · Movement of furniture around casegoods finishing warehouse. · Requires overall knowledge of Rub and Pack · Unwrap piece in foam and apply corner pads, etc. as required. · Perform all duties safely and report any safety hazards to your immediate supervisor including proper lifting techniques. · Maintains neat and orderly workstation. · Wears required safety glasses and foot wear; works safely and reports unsafe conditions to Dept. Supervisor · Performs daily stretching exercises. · Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Must be knowledgeable in prep, pack and trim processes.
· Must have ability to recognize parts and style numbers.
· English required for reading tickets and instructions.
· Must be able to understand and follow unpacking specifications.
Physical demands and work environment:
· Lift / Carry: Frequently lifting 50 – 75 lbs. onto and off work station; occasionally lifting in excess of 50 lbs.;
team lift greater weights. Must be able to lift/remove and flip over pieces for unpacking.
· Standing / Walking: Must be able to stand and walk consistently during the 8+ hour day.
· Reach / Handle / Grasp/Feel: Repetitive use of hands required.
· Bend / Lift / Stoop: Gathering supplies throughout day from various heights.
· Push/Pull: Must be able to push cases into designated work zones; or pull with designated tow tool.
· Environment: Indoors, controlled airflow, no air conditioning.